Heres a new extension with themes for the true fans of sport and the Olympic games.
Winter Olympic Games are one of the biggest sports events on snow and ice which is held every four years.
The first Winter Olympics are held in 1924 in Chamonix, France. The modern Olympic games were inspired by the ancient Olympic Games, which were held in Olympia, Greece, from the 8th century BC to the 4th century AD.
International Olympic Committee was founded in 1894, which lead to the first modern Summer Games in Athens in 1896. Just five Olympic sports were at first point: bobsleigh, curling, ice hockey, Nordic skiing and skating.
The Games were held every four years from 1924 to 1936, interrupted in 1940 and 1944 by World War II, and then resumed in 1948.
Sports and disciplines have been added and some of them, such as Alpine skiing, luge, short track speed skating, freestyle skiing, skeleton and snowboarding.
The host city for the 2022 Winter Olympic Games is Beijing, the capital of People’s Republic of China. Beijing will be the first city ever to have hosted both the Summer and Winter Olympics.
Summer games have usually celebrated a four-year period known as an Olympiad. There have been 28 Summer Olympic Games held in 24 cities, and 23 Winter Olympic Games held in 20 cities. It will be continued.
People voted on the best sportsmen of the Olympics. Here are the results if you’re interested 🙂
- Chloe Kim, Snowboarding, USA. She is just 18 years old! She is widely known as the gold-medal favorite in the halfpipe event. She is the youngest snowboarder to earn a gold medal at the X Games—in 2015, at age 15—and the first female athlete to land back-to-back 1080s (three full revolutions in the air) in competition.
- Nathan Chen, Figure Skating, USA. (19 years old)
- Magnus Kim, Cross-country Skiing, South Korea (20)
- Lindsey Vonn, Alpine Skiing, USA (33)
- Bradie Tennell, Figure Skating, USA (20)
Enjoy, and feel free to share with your friends.